Recently I got 2 sets of Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Desktop Keyboard & Mouse Bundle (www.microsoft.com/accessories/en-ca/products/keyboards/sculpt-ergonomic-desktop/l5v-00002) for use in office and at home.
- The wrist rest for the keyboard is soft: but easy to get dirty
- Note F keys are button rather than ordinary keys. Do not purchase if you need F keys often.
- Key is easy to type on
- Buttons on the mouse are soft
- Note the keypad is separate. If you need the keypad often, consider www.microsoft.com/en-ca/p/surface-ergonomic-keyboard/90pnc9ljwpx9?activetab=pivot%3aoverviewtab
- Note if you purchase the mouse and the keyboard separately you will have 2 USB-A dongles: but the full set only requires 1 dongle if you get the set version. You cannot separate the set: and dongle is not reprogrammable.
Another version of this keyboard exists as www.microsoft.com/en-ca/p/surface-ergonomic-keyboard/90pnc9ljwpx9?activetab=pivot%3aoverviewtab
To get this keyboard & mouse working on macOS you will need the following list of software:
- Karabiner at pqrs.org/osx/karabiner/
- Mos at mos.caldis.me/
- SensibleSideButtons at sensible-side-buttons.archagon.net/
all of them are open source.
- Change the switch on the right corner of the keyboard to Fn
- Go to Karaviner-Elements.app, select the keyboard,
- switch the left command and option keys
- Remap F7~F9 to match the keyboard symbols.
- Open Mos.app. Adjust the scrolling as needed. Maybe in\verse the scrolling.
- Open SensibleSideButtons.app. Enable it.
- F keys will map the media keys
- Command and Option keys match Mac keyboards
- Scrolling is smoothed
- Back key on the mouse is back; Windows key is forward(at least in Chrome)
- Calculator key: it's not showing up in keyboard events
- Double-tap is missing since no mouse would support tapping except for Magic Mouse 2